Emma apron

I’ve been on a sewing kick for my little cousin Emma and cute 2T patterns keep showing up on the blogs I read. This toddler apron appeared on Simple Simon & Company and I knew immediately that I’d be making one. It took a little while for the .pdf pattern to show up, but I’d left an eager comment and she was kind enough to email the pattern to me when the link was fixed.


This vintage sheet was so cute for an apron. There are three layers of fabric for the apron base: a piece of sheet on each side with white broadcloth sandwiched in the middle since the sheet was thin and I didn’t want the flowers showing through on the opposite side. I sewed all three together inside out, then turned, and topstitched. The triple layering gives it some heft and absorbency.

The fabric was flimsy and prone to fraying so I used two pieces of broadcloth for the pocket, sewed them together, turned, and then sewed the whole thing onto the apron.

emmaapron01AI chose a bright green bias tape to add some contrast and color so it wouldn’t be overwhelmingly blue. This was a quick, easy project and I only had to buy the bias tape! I can only imagine how cute Emma will look in it, once I get it mailed off… 🙂


2 thoughts on “Emma apron

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s