sailboat bib

I made another bib for our nephew by sacrificing my sailboat sleep shorts found at a garage sale. I was planning to replace the elastic and keep them as shorts, but then decided they didn’t fit well enough to be fixed.

sailboatbib1A

I used the trusty Shwin&Shwin bib pattern but changed it up to add some contrast at the top since there was only so much fabric in the shorts. I used navy fabric for the top pieces and back of the bib and topstitched the whole thing in navy.

sailboatbib2A

It’s the boldest thing I’ve made for the new baby color-wise and I like it. Boy fabric is hard to come by, so cutting up the shorts was an easy choice. I think it’s just as well that the fabric will be out in the world instead of just lounging around my house. As previously mentioned, I really didn’t need anymore sleep shorts. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s